The Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He or she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and drinks. The Barista fulfills any other duties the Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Shift Supervisor assigns and represents San Francisco Caffè in a professional manner.
- Ensures that all guests are educated on our products and services.
- Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
- Follows all drink recipes and procedures.
- Passes monthly refresher training in a timely manner.
- Develops an understanding of coffee regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee blends and roasts.
- Proficiently prepares blended and cold drinks provided by the store.
- Greets all guests with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
- Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
- Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
- Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
- Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to our company guidelines.
- Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service.
- Restocks shelves when necessary.
- Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
- Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
- Reports potential safety hazards to the Asst. Store Manager or Store Manager on duty.
- Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
- Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands:
- Entry level position.
- Runs errands, when needed, to pick up supplies and/or product.
- May work special events, as needed.
- Maintains positive company morale and professional attitude.
- Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
- Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.