Position: Assistant store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in running an efficient and profitable operation of a San Francisco Caffè store. He or she is responsible for ensuring that the store meets company standards in sales, staffing, product quality, visual merchandising, and operations. The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager with the goal of providing customers with excellent, quality products and fast, friendly service. This position enforces all procedures in the absence of the Store Manager and coordinates, as necessary, with the Head Office. The Assistant Store Manager manages the training of Baristas. He or she will be expected to have significant product knowledge and demonstrate positive, friendly and courteous customer service, as well as be able to demonstrate a commitment to our company polices and procedures.
- Assists Store Manager in managing a profitable store, reviewing controllable expenses, and monitoring labor costs.
- Partners with the Store Manager in creating sales volume growth and creating a positive customer experience.
- Assists Store Manager in planning and executing sales promotions and maintaining a positive community image.
- Ensures that the store has sufficient product, merchandise, and supplies needed to manage an efficient store.
- Performs opening and closing duties.
- Delegates duties, as necessary, to Shift Supervisors and Baristas.
- Performs financial documentation and register readings during shift.
- Ensures that the store, backroom, and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
- Conducts pre-employment interviews designed to minimize team member turnover and to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
- Processes all payroll information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists Store Manager in writing a weekly schedule according to labor guidelines and considers any fluctuations in sales due to holidays or local events.
- Assists the Store Manager in maintaining proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
- Responds to any and all emergencies while on shift by directing or performing steps necessary to ensure medical treatment.
- Informs the Store Manager of any operational inconsistencies, employee incidents, accidents, potential safety hazards, or any unusual or pertinent events.
- Reports employee accidents and potential safety hazards to the Store Manager; completes appropriate paperwork, and recommends a proper course of action.
- Sets and example for outstanding service and “owner” of the service initiative at his or her store.
- Proactive in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
- Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our company policy and procedures.
- Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient and friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
- Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the company service standards.
- Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
- Responds proactively to prevent and resolve customer service situations.
- Maintains efficient, friendly service standards.
- Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee and foods, as well as knowledge of coffee and tea regions, and the various differences in flavor and blends.
- Consistently maintains the highest quality product standards.
- Follows all company drink and food recipes and procedures.
- Oversees drink and food making and participates in the refresher training process monthly.
- Educates our customers on the superior quality of company products and services.
- Prepares all drinks and foods and ensures that all team members prepare drinks according to the San Francisco Caffè drink and foods recipe standard operating procedures.
- Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
GROWTH & Development:
- Executes effective recruiting programs with the Human Resources Department to ensure high team member retention.
- Contributes information to the store manager on performance appraisals for team members they directly supervise.
- Counsels team members, facilitates team member training efforts, conducts regular performance reviews, and disciplines team members, as necessary.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Motivates staff to maintain quality and consistent product.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year retail experience, preferably with a specialty coffee store.
- Assistant management in a specialty store or food establishment preferred.
- Register and cash handling experience.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, evenings and special events as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving and decision making abilities.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs and frequently bend and twist from the waist.
- Frequently required to use hand and finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects. Regularly required to handle food, hot beverages, and work with sharp objects.
- Must have good verbal and written Khmer and English communication skills.